Use a Ralphs Rewards Card when you shop for groceries? Ralphs will make a small contribution to the NoHo Public Library via their Ralphs Community Contribution Program. Your participation in this program is at no charge to you, and we do not receive any personal information about you or your purchases.
All you need to do is register your card at www.ralphs.com and you enter Friends of the North Hollywood Library’s new NPO (charity) number: XY653
According to the information below, charity re-registration is needed annually around September.
Step-by-step instructions to register your Ralphs rewards card online:
IF YOU HAVE NEVER REGISTERED YOUR REWARDS CARD ONLINE
NOTE: We have a secured website, these procedures will apply to everyone who has not entered their email address and assigned a password.
x1. Log in to www.ralphs.com
2. Click on ‘Create Account’
3. Follow the easy steps to create an online account
4. Go to your email inbox to View your Account
5. After you confirm your online account by clicking on the link in your email, it will return to www.ralphs.com and you are in your Account.
6. Scroll to the bottom of your Account
7. Link your card to your organization by clicking on:
a. Community Rewards – Enroll
b. View all your information and edit as necessary then “Save”
c. Type your NPO number or Name of your Organization then press “Search” (FNHL’s NPO is XY653)
d. Remember to click on the circle to the left of your organization’s name
e. Click on Enroll to finish your enrollment process
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED YOUR REWARDS CARD ON-LINE
(This means that you have already entered your email address and assigned yourself a password)
1. Log in to www.ralphs.com
2. Click Sign In
3. Enter your email address and password
4. Click on “Welcome Valued Customer” (In the top right hand corner)
5. Click on “My Account”
6. View all your information and edit as necessary
7. Scroll to bottom of your Account
8. Link your card to your organization by clicking on:
a. Community Rewards – edit
b. Type your NPO number or Name of your Organization then press “Search” (FNHL’s NPO is XY653)
c. Remember to click on the circle to the left of your organization’s name
d. Click on Enroll to finish your enrollment process
Additional Information and FAQs
(Information below reprinted from the PDF link above, dated 2017, but is shown as posted 11/6/2018, but is subject to change.)
1. Question: How much can my favorite community organization earn?
Answer: The ‘Term’ beginning 9/1/2017 through 8/31/2018 is based on a sliding scale of household monthly purchases as follows:
-Up to $200 per month of eligible purchases 1%
-Between $200.01 and $350 per month of eligible purchases 2% of amount over $200
-Between $350.01 and $500 per month of eligible purchases 3% of amount over $350
-Over $500 per month of eligible purchases 4% of amount over $500
Ralphs Community Contributions limits their quarterly contributions to a maximum of $500,000 to be distributed among all participating eligible organizations, and $150 per individual REWARDS Card or household. In the event that total earned contributions exceed the maximum contribution limit, Ralphs will prorate and reduce the contributions based on the total contributions earned by all participating organizations and their members.
2. Question: Does Ralphs have any restrictions on how my community organization uses the rewards I help earn?
Answer: All proceeds derived from the Community Contribution Program must be used for charitable purposes within the communities Ralphs serve and cannot be used for political, legal or administrative purposes. Ralphs has the discretion and right to terminate any Organization from the Program at any time if it is determined that any of the proceeds are used for political, legal or administrative purposes.
3. Question: Once I have enrolled, is my personal information secure?
4. Question: Privacy is important to me personally as well. What information will you share with my organization?
5. Question: After I sign up my Ralphs rewards Card with an organization, how long before my purchases start counting towards rewards?
Answer: Your purchases will begin counting for your designated organization within 72 hours
of signing up your card online (after the beginning date of the Term).
6. Question: How do I know my Ralphs rewards Card is registered?
Answer: Within 7-10 business days of successfully registering your Ralphs rewards Card
online, you will see at the bottom of your Ralphs receipt “At your request, Ralphs is donating
to ‘your organization name’.”
7. Question: Does everything in my shopping cart count towards my donation to my organization?
Answer: Supporters can earn rewards on almost everything, every time they shop! However, there are specific purchases that cannot be included: alcohol, tobacco, pharmacy, postage stamps, giftcards and Green Dot Prepaid Cards, gift certificates, CRV, fluid milk and milk products, lottery and promotional tickets, fuel, fuel center purchases, and Sales Tax.
8. Question: Does participation in the program interfere with my individual fuel Rewards?
Answer: No. Your individual fuel rewards are awarded to you and your household. Your Community Contributions are for your favorite community organization. Even though both programs are based on your Ralphs purchases and are linked to your Ralphs rewards Card, the two programs are completely unrelated to each other.
9. Question: Can I give to more than one organization at a time?
Answer: No. Your Ralphs rewards Card can be linked to only one organization at a time. However, you may choose to give to two organizations annually by changing your non-profit organization designation after six months. That way, you can give to one organization for six months and then the other for six months.
10. Question: How do I change my Ralphs rewards Card to contribute to a different organization?
Answer: Just go online at www.ralphs.com, click on Sign In, enter your email address and password, click on Your Name, click on Edit Community Contributions then complete the information with your new organization number.
11. Question: Why do I have to re-register next year if I’m already participating prior to September 2017?
Answer: The Ralphs Community Program will be evaluated every year and changes will be considered based on the success of the program. By making a one-year commitment to Ralphs, Ralphs is also making a one-year commitment to you and your favorite community organization. It also gives each organization an opportunity to refresh its membership by spreading the word to new members and keeping the previous members informed about any changes to the program. The annual re-enrollment will also help your favorite organization and Ralphs maintain an updated list of group members’ current address information, etc.
12. How can I see my individual quarterly donation?
Answer: Exciting News! Ralphs contributions made on your behalf are now available on your online account. Just go to www.ralphs.com, click on sign in, enter your email address and password, click on Your Name then scroll to the Community Rewards section on your account page. The contribution made from the most recent payout based on your purchases is shown in the Community Rewards section.